Saturday, November 10, 2012

Walking on Trails Helps Vasectomy Pain

So yesterday I was recovering from a flare up of pain. The pain was some of the worst that I've had in quite some time. Thank the Lord, the pain didn't really return, but I also made sure I stayed off the computer and any prolonged sitting. Since my kids had the day off from school, I decided to take a little walk with them.

We walked about 2 miles or so. There is a concrete path/trail next to our house that leads to a fun little park by a river. It's one of my favorite little places up here in Washington. Anyway, we had a great walk. It was sunny and about 48 degrees.

The walk was not aerobic in nature, just a fun little walk at a relaxed slow pace. When I returned home, I felt much better. It continues to amaze me how exercise, especially relaxed trail walking/hiking, seems to help my pain.

I haven't spent the money on a gym membership yet, and I don't think I will. Not as long as the weather holds and I can access this trail. Granted, it is November, so the sunny days may not last much longer, but if I can save some money and walk in nature, that's what I'll do.

Fishing season is open now, so I've also been kicking around the idea of getting a fishing license. I figured, I could get some exercise by walking around the rivers, lakes and bays around here. Maybe I could bring home some dinner as well.

No real pain today. But like I said, I didn't sit around much yesterday. The game plan will be the same for today and tomorrow.

Also, thanks to all those who downloaded my ebook yesterday during the free promotion on Amazon.com. You can still download it today, but at the retail price of $2.99 - still a bargain. I am thinking about turning it into a hardbound book also. But will have to get more details before heading down that trail.

No comments: