Friday, November 9, 2012

Completely Shocked by Pain

I've blogged recently how things have been somewhat status-quo. No real pain to speak of, outside of a little pain or ache here and there. And yet, in the back of my mind, I know the PVPS pain can strike without rhyme or reason, and that's exactly what happened last night. But what caught me off guard, was the frankness of the pain.

I started having that knifing nerve pain in my right groin last night, while sitting at a school dinner for my kids. I stood up, walked around and even went to the bathroom. I thought getting up and moving might help the pain. However, the pain just intensified. It almost brought me to my knees, as I was doubled over and writhing in pain. When I gently touched the right inguinal area, where the pain was most extreme, the pain tripled. It felt as if my old inguinal hernia repair was exploding through my skin.

After about 10 minutes, the pain began to subside and we decided to leave the function. I gingerly stepped into the car and sat down. The pain was not worsening. We drove home (about 25 minutes) and I took a Tylenol. But by this time, the pain seemed to have faded. But I didn't want to take any chances.

When I awoke this morning, there was a twinge of pain on the right inguinal side. The pain is made worse when I bend my right knee upwards; like in the fetal position when you sleep. So I took another Tylenol and will try to avoid sitting or doing anything too aggressive today. In fact, this should be the last I'm on the computer today (although, I'm not sitting, but rather kneeling at the computer while I write this entry).

On a positive note, the new ebook about my vasectomy is moving off the shelves at Amazon.com. Today is a free promotion day so it can be downloaded for free to your Kindle device, but only until midnight tonite. Then it goes back to $2.99, which is still a good price.

I had my book reviewed by someone yesterday and received very positive feedback. Hope it will shine some light on this syndrome and serve to help people make better decisions regarding their vasectomy.

No comments: