Thursday, November 8, 2012

Need to Walk

I can always tell when I've sat for too long. Even though I have this great cushion, which lets me sit for longer periods of time, I still suffer from prolonged inactivity or more specifically, sitting. It's a great day here in the pacific NW, so I think I will go for a walk.

What's great about living here, is I can go for a walk down to the river and see salmon swimming upstream; or I can go down to the beach; or I can go up to the mountains to climb a trail. So many choices. It just becomes a matter of discipline. Doing the things you are supposed to do and then reaping the benefits.

That is an area I struggle in. I've had so many "additional" final touches to my ebook that it's required a lot of time in front of the computer. I think I spent 6-7 hours in front of the computer yesterday. Without my cushion, I would probably only lasted about 2 hours, max. So I am thankful for the cushion.

As a result, I've had a return of the knifing nerve pain to my left inguinal area. Nothing too dramatic, but still, pain is pain. The knifing pain is one of the worst. I talk about it in the book some. It strikes you out of nowhere and can literally, bring you to your knees. I'm not kidding.

So now that I have my book finally finished (for the second time), I hope to spend less time on the computer and more time on the trail.

No comments: