Thursday, November 15, 2012

Battling Through the Pain

It's been a couple of days since I noticed this hernia-like pain on my left side. Wearing the athletic supporter and taking the ibuprofen seemed to help. Yesterday, I went to bed feeling ship-shape. However this morning, I noticed the return of that sensation on my left side again. I just pray and hope this sensation will go away on in the next few days.

In the meantime, I guess it's a return to the athletic supporter. There have been times when I've worn the athletic supporter for weeks at a time. So this won't be anything new for me. I just wish I were past this stage of needing to resort to this coping mechanism. Perhaps, I'll never get past this stage.

While sitting here this morning, I've also noticed the familiar twinge in my left inguinal area. It feels like something is folding on itself inside my inguinal area. I've often wondered if this pain and sensations I have, aren't some how related to the mesh inside me from my inguinal hernia surgery way back when I was in my early twenties. I'm not sure about the lifespan of a hernia repair.

My title is battling through the pain. It really does feel like a battle sometimes - a real war. Some days I lose and other days I win. The back and forth is very frustrating. People who suffer from chronic pain, probably struggle with this most of all.

It should just make me glad for the good days. I really am thankful for the good days. It just gets a little frustrating having to get off that high plateau and tumble back into the war zone.

On an unrelated matter, I've been having sharp chest pains too. I'm not sure, but it feels like ribcage pain. Sometimes, it worsens when I breathe in deep or push around on my ribs and sternum. Weird. Anyway, just thought I would throw that one in. I hope it's not real chest (cardiac) pain. Challenging nevertheless, especially when I'm hurting down under.

No comments: