Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Little Better - A Prayer

I have to say that I'm a little better than yesterday. Marginal might be a good description. I still feel like my left side is getting pushed down on from up above inside my abdomen (the hernia-like pain I described in yesterday's post). The athletic supporter may have helped or perhaps the lack of sitting down on hard surfaces. Maybe the one dose of ibuprofen helped; hard to know for sure what may have helped.

But this remains a disconcerting feeling. Hopefully, it too shall pass. More of the same today - athletic support, ibuprofen, walking and prayer. Not necessarily in that order.

Dear Lord, you know what I'm going through and what other people are going through. Please meet us in our needs. It seems silly to ask for relief from pain related to a vasectomy, but I ask nonetheless. You tell us to make all our requests known to you, so that is what I'm doing. Asking you to bring me off the roller coaster of emotion and fear. Lead me to the calm waters. Grant me peace and comfort. Please get me through this uneasy pain and anxiety. 

I also pray for anyone else having pain. I pray you'd be glorified in their pain and circumstances. I pray you'd bring them healing and that your will would be done in the healing you bring. You don't need us for anything, yet we are always dependent upon you for everything. Guide us through the pain and help us to see your glory. May we be filled with your joy and spirit, may we praise your name today and tomorrow. May we trust in you, the giver of life itself. Your providence I trust and your name I honor. Amen

No comments: