Friday, October 26, 2012

Sleeping a Bit Better

Well, I guess you could say I'm sleeping better. I still wake up, but not because of pain or having to go potty - to quote my son when he was 3 years old. Now I'm just waking up and going back to sleep. I've made a point not to eat or drink anything after 8:30 pm. Maybe that is helping.

Regarding the inguinal pain, I didn't have any yesterday or last night. I am really hoping that activity will take care of all those little aches and pains - over the long term, that is. In the meantime, I'm just trying to be careful about how I cross my legs, sit, bend over, etc.

Sadly, it's those everyday "little things" that can cause the most pain. Cross your legs without carefully surveying the room in your drawers first and "ouch!" you can really hurt yourself. Same way with bending over, at least for me.

Other guys with PVPS probably don't have the pains manifest in the same way. For me it always seems to come down to a space issue. If I have room, then no worries. If it gets kind of cramped, then watch out.

Sitting continues to be a source of frustration for me as well. Even though I have this great cushion, which helps TREMENDOUSLY, I still get pains here and there from just sitting. They aren't nearly as bad as they used to be before the cushion. They're more annoying, than anything else.

So I guess you can add the adjective "annoying" to the endless list of ways to describe how PVPS affects your life.

No comments: