Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Almost Forgot About The Pain

I hate to even say this, but here goes. I actually had a day where I almost forgot about the pain. I even went so far to forget I had PVPS. I know, pretty weird, huh? I'm not complaining, I'm just fearful that if I verbalize this phenomena, then it'll kind of jinx my good mojo. Not that I believe in stuff like that.

But still, you always hate to hear the anouncer say how your favorite baseball pitcher has dominated a particular batter, only to watch that said batter blast a walk-off homerun in the bottom of the 9th inning.

So how am I today? Well, okay I guess. Nothing major going on. I got back on the treadmill two days ago and so am just a tad bit sore on my right side. Forgot to wear an athletic supporter, shame on me. But even with that, it's not so bad.

I am about 18.5 months out from my reversal surgery. Except for a couple of twinges here and there, I seem to be doing okay, thank you God! After all, it's nothing I've done to make my pain lessen, except maybe pray like crazy.

Granted, I'm not lifting weights or even working at this point. My lifestyle includes a lot of surfing on the intranet looking for jobs (25 or so applications in the last 2 weeks), updating my websites and blogs and basically being an annoying dad to my two kids.

But hopefully, I'll become employed and then we'll see what kind of real progress I've been able to make (again, by the grace of God). I will say this though...this last year has kind of stunk, from a physical health standpoint. But, my spiritual life has been terrific. I think the Lord has really used this medical experience/challenge to get my attention. To make my faith stronger. To improve my prayer life. Basically, to get serious about my relationship with him.

You know, there is power in the name of Jesus Christ. I've always heard that statement and kind of thought it was a stupid thing for christians to say. But I think we deny the power of God. We kind of neuter God and feel like we need to be the ones in control. I've learned, that isn't how it works. He is in control. I mean, it's his story...right? The story of life isn't about me. It's about God reaching out to his people, his creation and wanting them to see him as the hero. Think about it, he has all the super hero powers, plus more.

I hope you realize that I'm not being preachy, although it does kind of sound like it. Rather, I am just excited to know that God is big enough for my problems, and if I may say, yours too. So that's it for now. I just wanted to praise God and Jesus for helping me down this road of faith.

No comments: