Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Bad Horror Movie

PVPS is like a bad movie...you know the plot before it plays out and you just can't kill the bad guy. The villain in this case is the pain and the plot is pain, pain followed by more pain. I was feeling great, as you could have guessed by the lack of posting on this blog recently. I was even working out on the treadmill regularly. I was feeling great. (That should have been my first clue that something was about to change.)

One day, I was amping up the treadmill to get a good cardio. It felt great. That night, I felt pretty good. The next day I was starting to hurt. Now for over 7 days, I've been in constant pain. Its right sided inguinal pain. As usual, I'm not sure exactly what triggered it. Maybe it was just time for it, maybe the treadmill caused it, I don't really know.

I have been taking tylenol regularly this last week. But we have a new development which may be contributing to the continued pain...we're moving again. Yep, as if one 2700 mile cross country move wasn't good enough 10 months ago, we've decided to do it again! This time, no one will help me drive the moving truck. So I'm not sure how it's going to work out. Pain will likely be more than a bit player though. Packing and moving heavy boxes downstairs has not been fun. Stacking them in the garage doesn't exactly give things a chance to settle down. Perhaps that is contributing.

I just pray that the move will go well. I pray the pain will stay away. I pray we'll make good time. Notice a new theme to the movie? We have a tendency to think we know how the movie will turn out, but we have a God who is bigger than our movie (our life). We are bit players in his story. It's not the other way around. So I trust that God will work it out for me. That his plans are better than mine. His thoughts are higher than mine. I pray that Jesus will be reflected in my story. That others will see his grace and love for them because of how he steals the scene in my life.

May God be glorified and may Jesus be reflected in my life. Thank you Lord for all you do and for how you continually amaze me and answer my prayers. I can't imagine where I'd be if you weren't with me. Amen

No comments: