Sunday, December 4, 2011

Back to Walking

Well, we finally joined a gym here in the NW. I walked on the treadmill for the first time yesterday. My legs are a little sore and my groin was a little sore at first, but then I felt just great down there. I'm glad that I'll be able to keep walking inside. There were two advantages that help me in my particular situation. One, it's a flat walk. I don't have to worry about hills exacerbating my nerve pain. And two, it's warmer in the gym. This keeps things more fluid, sort of speak. In other words, the boys can actually hang, instead of...well, not hang if you know what I mean.

Plus, the inside climate of the gym enables me to walk when ever I want. I don't have to wait for the rain to stop or the sun to peak around the mountains. The weather factor is no longer a factor - which really helps up here.

So I feel better after my walk. I will need to figure out how to stretch though, as some stretching does tend to bring on my nerve pain. That will have to involve some experimentation on my part until I find something that works.

In the meantime, I'm slated to go walking tomorrow after the wife comes home. I can't wait. My pain these last couple of days has been very good, nothing to complain about, really. We'll see how many of these days I can string together. I just thank God I've had the improvement I've had since my surgery.

I really want to be a success story for other men facing the same challenges and by the grace of God, I will be.

No comments: