Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat

I think I've decided that vasectomies are like Halloween, you're either going to get a treat or a trick. Now, much like the neighborhoods kids that come around to collect candy, you're more than likely going to get a treat - that is, a great vasectomy with no problems. But there's always someone who ends up getting a trick instead of a treat. Just like with me and countless others. We all thought we were getting a Butterfinger or Nestle's Crunch Bar, but we really got was someone's old coffee-flavored licorice instead.

Well, that's what was going through my mind last night as I was passing out the contraband to the kids. Overall though, today has been a good day. No real pains or sensations to speak of. A little referred stuff on my right side, but nothing too serious.

Interestingly, last Halloween marks the anniversary of my acute congestion turning chronic. My right epididymous remained filled with an extremely large amount of sperm and liquid which did not abate until my reversal on Dec. 23rd. So basically, I had what amounted to a third testicle for over 2 months. It wasn't comfortable by any means, although it didn't really hurt like this nerve pain does. So from a pain standpoint, I guess I was better off then, but from a lifestyle perspective, I suppose the intermittent pain is better than the chronically inflamed epididymous. Honestly though, I'd rather not have either one.

Oh, to go back to that fateful day when I had the snip. Many o'times I've longed to turn the calendar back and rewrite history. How different my life would be. But, you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, you just have to plow ahead and trust God that he'll work it all out. That's kind of where I am now. Just trusting God to help.

No comments: