Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm Having Pain in My Groin In the Morning

As I got out of the shower this morning, I had an observation about this last week. When I first get up and until I get dressed, my right inguinal area has a lot of referred pain - up into my abdomen and down into my scrotum. Then, I get dressed, eat breakfast and I suddenly notice the referred pain is gone.

It's like having an aching back, of which I also have. Sometimes it just hurts to get out of bed. Well, I think my nerve pain is developing a similar pattern, at least this week anyway. I still have some referred pain on the right side throughout the day, kind of off and on. Yesterday, I actually had one of those "normal" days, where I didn't notice my groin or scrotum at all, until I thought about it before bed.

My hope is that I'll have one of those moments after about 2 weeks of no pain. Like, "wow, it's been two weeks since I even thought about vasectomies, or nerve pain or blogging about vasectomies and nerve pain.

Speaking of blogging, I think I'll be blogging a little less often. I know this is supposed to be an online daily journal, but there is less to blog about these days...Thank God! Plus, doing homeschool with the kids is becoming a full time vocation and there just isn't a lot of time to get on the computer. I'd rather spend time with the kids, you know!

But, I'll try to blog at least twice a week so I can keep a somewhat acurate journal of my pains and progress. My one year anniversary from my vasectomy reversal which caused all this mess is coming up in December. Wouldn't it be great if the Lord saw to it that I was completely pain free by then? That would be just terrific. But, in his time and according to his purposes.

Who knows, maybe he wants me to keep getting the message out to not have vasectomies, so therefore, I'll keep having pain and thus, keep blogging frequently. Or maybe he's using me to show other people how he can help them through pain, like he's helped me. It's hard to tell when you're just a mere mortal. His ways are certainly not our ways and his thoughts are higher than our thoughts. Humm...nothing truer could be said, huh?

So now we're about to head off to church where I get to worship with other believers. It's nice to know that Jesus is my Lord. That he would suffer all that stuff, just for me. And because he suffered, he knows what I'm going through. Praise be to God! Have a blessed day and trust our Lord Jesus, I know you won't be disappointed.

No comments: