Monday, October 31, 2011

Why You Should Not Have a Vasectomy

My left testicle is still reminding me that it's there. Yesterday, I picked up a pumpkin to put it in the mini-van. Three minutes later, I had that vice grip feeling on the left side. I can't believe that by picking up a 15 pound pumpkin, my boys would hurt. But that's the nature of vasectomy pain syndrome. It doesn't seem to take much to aggravate them.

My wife and I were intimate again last Saturday night. I didn't have any pain or discomfort while we were together, thank the Lord. I've heard other people say they have extreme pain with ejaculation. I think I'd turn into a monk if that were the case. My right side still has some referred pain, into my right abdomen, over by my side. I'm also having that spasm feeling behind my right testicle. I sometimes call it a burning or paper cut sensation. That seems to show up after ejaculations. Like the vas deference is refilling with sperm and it doesn't like it. Hard to explain, but it's there none-the-less.

It seems like ejaculations make my right side have this referred pain more often too. At least that's the case this time around. Interestingly, my left side has a horizontal line impression in it. It's weird. A perfectly straight line, completely horizontal. I'll have to ask the guys on the forum about that. You know, I saw the line before, but hadn't noticed how perfectly horizontal it was, nor how pronounced it was. I just thought it was a weird looking wrinkle in my scrotum.

So I guess that's it for today. I'm now 10 months and 1 week post op from my reversal and if I measure my outcome in terms of months, I'd say I am getting better with each month. But I also have more coping mechanisms than before this journey started. I just keep praying that God will continue to be with me on this journey and that I'll have a great outcome. I also keep praying that God will use my situation to help men make the decision to NOT have a vasectomy. There really is a lot of wisdom that many doctors have, which is God designed us to be a certain way and when we start having surgies to mess with that design, we're asking for trouble.

No comments: