Sunday, October 16, 2011

Wife and I Test the Waters

We finally had our first relaxing weekend since moving to the NW. What I mean by that is we didn't have any activities planned and there wasn't really anything to do except just plow through the weekend. I had my bible study on Saturday morning and then we went shopping later on, had dinner out at Red Robin, then went home and put the kids to bed. Then my wife and I stayed up and talked, laughed and went to bed.

It had been a long time since my wife and I have been intimate - like 2 months. With the move and new job and all the stress, it just wasn't in the cards. But then there was last night. We were able to relax and settle in to our new life up here in the NW. It was kind of nice, like a new normal for our family, since leaving the hectic pace of Dallas, Texas. So my wife and I were able to reconnect last night. I was a little nervous, if you can believe it. But that was more about wondering whether my boys would be in pain afterwards. I have such a great run of good days lately, I thought having an E.J. might jeopardize that good streak.

Afterwards, I was a little sore down there. But the sensation passed. When I woke up this morning, I felt pretty good, except for a mild inguinal ache on the right side. It was short lived and went away after lunch.

Hopefully, things will continue to remain pain free and my wife and I can become a little more acquainted with each other in the coming days/weeks. It would be nice if we could. I love her dearly and have missed being with her in a close way. I always find our marriage is so much better when we are close, physically. I suppose it's the whole "the two shall be one" thing.

No comments: