Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Milestone Reached: I'm Wearing Jeans Now

It's been almost ten full months since my vasectomy reversal and I'm just now getting to the point where I can wear jeans again, on a regular basis. Who would have thought it would take that long, huh? I wore jeans all weekend long on our camping trip and then again on Tuesday and now today. It's great, because I was getting tired of wearing basketball shorts everywhere. Plus, my legs are stone white and the glare was hurting everyone's eyes.

I'm having a really good cycle right now. No real pain or sensations yesterday or today. Of course, that could change at a moment's notice. I just keep praying that the pain will stay away. However, I'm also praying that I'll be able to cope with whatever pain I do end up experiencing.

Before I start leaving the wrong impression, let me state for the record that although I'm in a good cycle right now, there are probably some reasons why. My activity level is still limited. I still am not bending, stooping, squatting, stretching, running, climbing, jumping, lifting or anything else that may strain my core. So, although the pain is better right now, I am far from normal. However, my buddy from Texas would say that I am coping successfully.

Maybe next year I'll be blogging about how I've been able to do some of those activities. I pray that is the case.

No comments: