Friday, September 16, 2011

Walking is Good

I went walking again this morning and it makes me feel better, overall. Not just physically, but emotionally and mentally. Kind of refreshing. Gives me a routine I guess. Could be a coincidence, but my groin pain seems to be better. I still get the random pain or sensation, but nothing that lasts very long.

I can't say walking is a cure all, because I know PVPS just doesn't act that way. There are guys on the forum who exercise faithfully day in and day out and PVPS still hits them. One is a tri-athlete for crying out loud. I would love it though if I could maintain this trend for a long time. The last time I had an extended period of feeling pretty good, it lasted about 2-3 weeks. Then it all fell apart and I had a very difficult 3 weeks, followed by what can best be described as a roller coaster since then. Some good days and some bad.

Sitting continues to be a nemesis. This is a challenge for someone who blogs a lot and runs a couple of websites (my side hobby). I spend about 2 hours a day doing just these activities, but then get suckered into the big time waste that a computer is. Before I realize it, 4 hours have gone by. Quite a time waste for sure.

Anyway, today I feel okay. I woke up feeling great. Once I got out of bed, I began to feel a pull below my belly button. But once I started my walking program, it was gone. Now that I've been on the computer a while, I'm starting to get more reminders that sitting is bad for me. Time to get up and do something else I guess.

I probably won't do any walking over the weekend, so I'll be curious to see how it goes. Hopefully, we'll go hiking or something, so I can still be upright for an extended period of time.

No comments: