Thursday, September 15, 2011

Spasm in the Large Intestine

Okay, I'm going to pull the curtain back a bit. This post will not be for the tender-hearted. Last night I had a peculiar happening. This may provide some insight into what nerves can do when they're angry. But before I get into this, I want to update my walking program.

I walked 30 minutes yesterday and did no core stretching afterwards. Thank the Lord, I had a pretty good day. No real pain to speak of except the random, but brief, sensations around my scrotum which seems to be with me everyday. It's uncomfortable, but not too painful, thankfully. I also had to readjust myself down there to make sure my boys had enough room to move around. But that was about it. All and all, a manageable day.

I just finished walking today and will again, avoid the core stretching. I did have a very brief right inguinal pain while walking, but it passed before I realized I had the pain. I simply decided to walk a little slower from that point on.

Okay, back to what happened last night. Remember, this is going to be kind of graphic in a toilet kind of way, so stop reading now if you want. Otherwise...I warned you.

I sat down at the kitchen table to have a snack with my daughter, when all of a sudden, I had a severe twinge in my right inguinal area. It really came out of the blue. Then, almost simultaneously, I had a severe nerve-type pain in my perianal area. That's the space between the scrotum and the anus. Anyway, this pain was debilitating. It felt as if my colon was in spasm. Like a foot of large intestine wanted to exit my body all at once. I went into the bathroom thinking that may help.

I sat on the toilet and endured excruciating pain for the better part of 15 minutes. The spasm actually made me have a very small bowel movement. Trust me, I'm Mr. Regular in this area. You could set your clock by my bowel habits. So this was highly irregular. But then after I went to the bathroom, the spasm let up and the pain went away.

I've had this horrible pain before. But never associated with the PVPS nerve pain and never this bad or this long...and never just out of the blue like that. It normally happens when I strain a little too hard on the toilet.

So there you go. I'm not sure if it was related to PVPS. I hope this isn't some new ugly turn my syndrome is going to take. I don't think I could keep my sanity if that were the case.

No comments: