Saturday, September 17, 2011

Need to Make a Change With My Computer Chair

This computer stuff has got to change. I can't keep sitting in this chair unless I want to be in pain all the time. I think it's time to join the 21st century. Time to get a laptop computer. That way I can sit comfortably on the sofa and blog, create lessons for the kids, etc.

I spoke to my wife about this yesterday. I think we're going to get a laptop and call it a Christmas gift to each other. Maybe we'll get it earlier than Christmas but still call it a present. Not sure yet. But I know I can't keep doing what I'm doing. If I want to have good days that last all day, then I need to make a change. Sitting seems to be a big nemesis. One that I can control. The walking has been great. Although I won't be walking today.

Instead of walking, we're going on a day camp. Which means we'll be hiking and standing a lot. Hopefully, that combination will work for me. I also hope the walking I've been doing this last week will give me a little more endurance for the day camp.

I did have some scrotal pain last evening. Mainly because of the computer time spent in this poorly designed chair. I woke up with this same tight feeling below my belly button, that I had yesterday when I woke up. Since I won't be on the computer very much today, I'm guessing (hoping) my pain will be consistently low level today. But I will be driving a ways to get there to the camp site. Who knows. We'll just have to wait until the end of the day.

No comments: