Sunday, September 4, 2011

Vasectomy Reversal is No Day at the Beach

Yesterday was really like a day at the beach for two reasons. 1) I didn't have any pain to speak of and, 2) we were really at a beach. The day started out pretty good. I did have a full feeling on the left side of my scrotum which never really materialized into anything. Around lunch time I started to get these little intermittent headaches above my right eyebrow. I took some tylenol for it.

So the lack of pain, probably had something to do with the tylenol I took. Hey, I'm okay with that after the last week or so of more intense sensations and pain. Today is Sunday and we're about to go to church. Luckily, their chairs are nice and comfy which helps quite a bit. Although yesterday was a relatively good day for me regarding my post vasectomy reversal pains and symptoms, my reversal has been anything but a day at the beach.

I read on the forum where someone had a vasectomy reversal about one year ago and they didn't really feel any better. Another person replied with some facts. Apparently vasectomy reversals are about 75% effective in PVPS men. That leaves 25% of us in the other category. My one year vasectomy reversal anniversary comes up in December. I am hopeful that I'll be able to report better progress from my reversal at 1 year than this other gentleman.

No comments: