Monday, September 5, 2011

No Sitting is Rewarded

I didn't sleep that great last night. I felt like I was going to have a lot of pain when I first got out of bed. But then I took a hot shower and started getting ready for the day. Two hours later we were headed out the door to go fishing at a local river. From that point forward, I didn't have any pain at all. In fact, the first pain I've had today, came at the kitchen table about an hour ago when I was eating dinner. Now that I'm typing here at the computer, the nerves are starting to jump around a bit.

Sitting really does mess with post vasectomy pain syndrome. Some how, it traps the nerves. The physiology of why that would hurt so badly escapes me. Maybe having the innards pushing downward, in some way pushes something against something that irritates the nerves.

This is one reason why I feel nobody should have a vasectomy. Not only can you have granulomas or spermatoceles or epididymitis, but this nerve stuff is outrageous. One little slip of the knife and it's a lifetime of pain. I know it doesn't happen to a lot of men, but if the statistics are correct, than roughly 20% are dissatisfied with their vasectomies. If the majority of them are unhappy because of pain, then it just doesn't seem worth it.

Food for thought.

No comments: