Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Post Vasectomy Pain Looks for a Job

There are many who have their vasectomy and resultant pain, who work. I returned to work after my vasectomy after about five days. But I had some vacation coming and thought a longer break would be beneficial. It wasn't until six months later that I developed epididymitis from my vasectomy. However, I have been without a job now since 2009, not because of pain, but rather it was a decision my wife and I decided upon before PVPS became such a big deal in our lives.

Anyway, I can honestly say how blessed I was that I did not have to work after I had my reversal surgery. As I've posted before, I was in no real condition to work even 6 months after my reversal, because of the pain. However, I feel it's time for me to get back in the saddle again. But what kind of a job.

Well, one that doesn't require a lot of straining for sure. Also, one that doesn't involve a lot of sitting. Like I said before, teaching would be ideal, given my current physical shape. But I'm in health care, living in an isolated part of the US. There aren't a lot of those kind of jobs around.

But, I have a call into a local hospital to see what is up. The director is supposed to call me back in a few minutes, so I thought I'd blog real quick, since there isn't much else to do right now. The kids started back to school today, my wife is working full time and I'm left at home. Yep, I think work would be a good thing. I'm hoping this conversation will go a certain way, but I get the feeling it may just be about working per diem or part time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished talking with the director from the hospital. He just wanted to give me the low-down on how things worked in the hospital. No opportunity yet, but he said he'd be in touch. That's like breaking up with your girlfriend and telling her you still want to be friends.That's okay though. I think I may want to go into business for myself in some way. Maybe do some outpt. diagnostic testing or counseling. I don't know yet. Still an idea in progress.

Well, time to get off my butt before my nerves start hurting. Think I'll go for a walk and see if inspiration strikes.

No comments: