Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Oldie but a Goodie

Well, well, well. An old friend returned to my rental house yesterday evening. I wasn't sure who it was exactly last night, but this morning, the blur became more clear. The old friend is of course not an old friend, but an old symptom that I haven't seen for a while. That would be the dreaded "racking pain" in my left testicle. What made it appear out of thin air? Your guess is as good as mine.

I did walk kind of briskly yesterday and felt a muscle kind of pull in my right groin. But that is the other side from where the racking pain is. So, there you go. Just when I told a family member that I feel like I have a handle on this post vasectomy pain syndrome, I'm left to eat my words. Never fails, does it? Just when you think it is all figured out, life throws you a curve ball.

Now if I remember correctly, ibuprofen helped with the racking pain. So, if it doesn't go away here in a bit, I'll take 400 mgs of advil and see what happens.

In the meantime, I slept ok last night. Was a little "uneasy" down there while in the shower and have had a couple stabs of sharp knifing nerve pain. Basically, a frustrating morning all told. But, thanks to my friend from my old church, I feel like I can cope with days like this better. I still thank God that he put John in my life. He's been a huge help for me.

Lord God, thank you for helping me learn how to cope with this syndrome. Thank you for easing the pain and the symptoms. Please continue to be with all of us who hurt and suffer from pain and disease. Remind us that you are in control and make your presence felt in our lives. Help us to see how you work and to understand how you are using this for your good. Bring us healing and give us strength. Be with John and his family as they deal with his chronic pain. May you be honored and glorified by our response. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: