Thursday, September 29, 2011

Vasectomy Pain Symptoms Are Puzzling

There's a part in "The Grinch" when the narrator tells us the Grinch "puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore". Vasectomy pain symptoms are a lot like that. They leave you puzzled. You aren't sure why you have them. You aren't sure where they originate from, although you have your suspicions. They always come in different flavors, shapes and sizes.

Yesterday, I have another one to add to the list of pains and sensations. This one, was a take on an oldie, but a goodie - the burning sensation. However, this time, the entire right scrotum was on fire. It lasted for about 1 minute...one of the longest minutes of my life. It hurt, but it wasn't painful - if that makes any sense. Then, I'd get just hints of a burning sensations on the right side during the rest of the day. In fact, I just had one a second ago, while I was typing this. "The power of suggestion", I guess??

I did walk yesterday. It had a little uphill action to it, so my lower back and abdomen had to work a little more to keep me stable. Last night, that area was pretty painful. But it was an exercise-like pain, not a nerve pain, so I was encouraged. It's amazing how just knowing the difference between pain, makes one not seem to hurt as much.

Today, my inguinal areas are hurting a little, off and on. This seems nerve related. I'll go for another walk today (on a more flat surface) and see if that helps. But I still think the bad part of the pain cycle is readying to hit. I hope it doesn't, but like I said yesterday, there's not a whole lot I can do to prevent it.

No comments: