Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Burning Sensation After Vasectomy

It's a weird thing. Once you identify a cycle and can identify the clues, you just kind of sit back and wait. You wait for the next thing to happen. Right now, I'm just waiting to go into my bad cycle after a couple of weeks of feeling pretty good. I've had a couple of hints that it is on its way. So now I'm just waiting.

Well, I'm not exactly waiting. I'm still trying to be proactive in an effort to prolong the good part of my cycle for as long as possible. I'm taking hot baths, walking, I even took a tylenol last night because it was starting to hurt before I went to bed.

Yesterday I started getting those spasms in my scrotum, or at least what I imagine are spasms. I don't know for sure. But it feels like something behind my testes are vibrating rather quickly. So much so, that it sends a "warming" or burning sensation to my brain. When I start getting these, I know what's coming...pain.

In the past, I'd have these burning sensations for a couple of days before the never-ending nerve pain appeared. But as I like to say, I am hopeful that it won't happen this time. That walking and the hot baths will stave it off. We'll see. In actuality, I know that I have no real control over this. The walking and hot baths just make me feel like I'm able to do something about it, but I know the truth - I'm not in control. But I figure the walking is good for my heart and other parts and the hot baths do relax me a bit, so it's a win-win.

So far this morning, I'm doing okay. Just the rare "sensations" in my scrotum and inguinal areas. About to go for a walk, so pray with me that the bad cycle will stay away.

No comments: