Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm Not Proud

Well, I did it - reluctantly, the deed has been done. I had an E.J. in the shower this morning. I wrestled with this idea all night and wasn't sure about what to do. I had a little pain this morning on the right side and my right teste seemed pretty firm, so I decided to go through with it. Like the title says, "I'm not proud". I know most guys wouldn't care about handling up on their own business, but I'm not like most guys I guess. At least, not as I get older.

So, we'll see what happens today. Hopefully, the natural order of things with my wife will be restored as her stress level calms down in the coming days about her new job. I do miss the intimacy we usually have. There is always this disconnection we have if we aren't together for a while. Then once we reconnect, it's like this tremendous door is opened in our relationship and we simply walk through together with joy - like God intended, I'd imagine.

Too many people get hung up on too many things in their marriage. A lot of guys aren't willing to admit their wives are their best friend, but mine is. She's just terrific. A blessing from the Lord to be sure. But I digress.

As I said, I hope our normal lives kick-in here in our new home in the NW. It will be nice to have a "normal" life again.

No comments: