Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Trying to Stay Active

One reason we moved out of the searing Texas heat, was so our family could be more active. I think we've done pretty well so far in the week and a half we've lived in our new home. For instance, today we played, explored and hiked around a river. The kids had fun finding fish frye and throwing rocks in the river.

I did a lot of walking, bending, throwing and stacking rocks. Now later in the day, I feel pretty good. No real pain to speak of down there. I think being here will be a good thing. My body may not be ready for hard physical labor or exercise yet, but it's looking like "normal" activity may be back in the cards for me. I've even been wearing jeans. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I haven't worn jeans since last October, 10 months ago. It seems like I've been wearing basketball shorts every day for quite a long time now. It's been nice to change it up a little bit. I'm still careful when I sit down though. I don't want to get too crazy.

If anything can be proved thus far, it is that walking seems to do a body good, at least my body. So, we'll try to keep hiking and exploring. Then maybe I'll be up for the more rigorous treadmill at the gym.

Before I forget, this morning I had that "full" feeling again on my right side. Still haven't had a release in quite a while, so maybe that's why I'm feeling that sensation.

No comments: