Monday, July 18, 2011

Sudden Pain in Left Testicle and Needing a Prayer

Last night when I went to bed, I had a burning like pain inside my left testicle. I changed sleeping positions and the pain eventually went away. This morning, my left testicle had a pretty good little itch toward the back of it. After a little scratch here and there, it was fine.

Then today, several hours after the itch/scratch, I had this terrible pain on my left side. I wasn't doing anything but just standing. No heavy physical activity, just standing. It felt like pliars were twisting something in my left groin, between my left testicle and my inguinal area. The pain came on suddenly and was extremely painful. This, after several weeks of hardly any pain at all. I tried everything to make the pain go away. I sat on the commode and let the boys hang, hoping that might help. I tried cupping them in my hands, thinking that a little support might be helpful. Then I "shook" my inguinal area on the left, why, I don't really know, it just seemed like something to do. Well, that seemed to help, as the pain then disappeared.

All told, the pain lasted about 20 minutes and I'd rate it at about a 5 or 6 on a 1-10 pain scale. This is particularly upsetting given the lack of pain I've had for the last several weeks. Add to this, the fact that I'll be driving a Pensky truck half way across the country tomorrow. I'm not real excited about the prospects of being pain free during the drive. Hopefully, my buddy will be able to drive a lot for me.

Although the pain is gone, the remnant ache remains. I'll probably get some ibuprofen at dinner time in hopes of calming it down. We'll see.

Anyway, that's my tale. I felt like I was really getting better until about a few hours ago. But, I guess I should look at it with a "cup is half full" mentality, rather than my usual negative way. I just pray the reversal worked and these pains are just random things, rather than a symptom of something going wrong.

Lord, Please continue to be with me as I travel across country. Give me a safe trip and keep me from having nerve pain. I pray for your continued mercy and your favor as I drive. You know it won't be comfortable for me and you know the chance of pain is pretty high, but please give me peace and pain-free days. Lord, I can't get there without you. I need you everyday to help me and to comfort me and to heal me.

I pray you'll be merciful and send your comforter to be with me. May your Holy Spirit rest upon me and give me a good trip to Washington. Please Lord, I need you so much - more and more with each passing day. May you be glorified by our move and may people know of your grace.

In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: