Friday, July 22, 2011

2500 Miles

Well, I've arrived in the pacific NW. After driving in a 6 x 4 foot cell (aka: moving truck cab), 12 hours a day for the last 4 days, I have to say I'm in pain. The knifing nerve pain was very present throughout the entire road trip. I tried taking tylenol and ibuprofen, I tried sitting on my special cushion, I tried sitting on a memory foam pillow and I still had pain.

I guess I'm not overly amazed by the pain. I was just hoping I wouldn't have any. I know that having hope sets me up for disappointment sometimes, but hope is all I have.

I am looking forward to taking the next week or so off before I make the road trip again, this time with my family. It will be a little slower paced as we'll take 6 days to travel the 2500 miles rather than the 3.5 my buddy and I did this time. I'll also be in a minivan, instead of a 26 foot moving truck with car in tow.

I just thank God that we arrived safely and the pain wasn't any worse. So thank you God for helping me get here! I obviously, couldn't have done it without You.

I fly back in a couple of days so I'll post something then. Until next time, may the Lord Jesus grant you peace.

No comments: