Saturday, July 16, 2011

Journal Entry

Lots going on. We've sold our house and now have to move cross country to the pacific NW. I'm driving the moving truck (with a friend) 2500 miles. I'm not sure how that's all going to work out as far as nerve pain goes. I've felt pretty good these last couple of days, despite all the flurry of activity. I haven't had an ejac. in a while. With the move, I'm not sure when the next one will be. My wife and I are currently living in other people's houses - and it wouldn't seem right to get together in someone else's bed, if you know what I mean.

Back to topic, the activity includes moving boxes into the moving truck, cleaning the house, etc. in prep for our move. It seems this has been the right balance of activity for my groin. I've had very brief, flashes of nerve sensations, but nothing that I'd describe as "knifing" or "electric" pain.

However, in driving the truck across town, I did have some nerve pain that was inbetween the sensation category and the knifing category. I think it's because I had to move my foot between the accelerator and brake so much (city driving). I'm hoping the highway driving will be less taxing on my groin, and hence, my scrotum. We'll need to complete the trip in 4 days. I figure that's about 10 hours a day worth of driving.

So anyway, I start driving on Tuesday (T minus 3 days and counting). My goal is to take the driving in 2 hour shifts. I figure that should keep us both fresh and help to minimize the stress on my scrotum.

I probably won't be blogging until next week when I get back in town. Then I make the drive again, in the mini-van, with my family this time. Luckily, we'll be able to take our time on that road trip. We're going to treat it like a cross country vacation. Lord willing, I'll continue to feel good and we will have a safe, drama free trip.

Before I forget, someone in the PVPS support group just had a reversal "re-do". That's right, he had a vasectomy, a reversal and now a redo of his reversal. Listen, I couldn't make this kind of stuff up. Vasectomy pain syndrome is very real and much more common than you'd think. He says he's feeling okay and is hopeful, like many of us, that he'll be able to put a large part of the PVPS in his rear view mirror.

No comments: