Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Still Taking Long Hot Soaks

It's over 100 degrees here in north Texas. You'd think a good hot soak would be the last thing on my mind. But, since I've been having the soaks, my daily pain seems to have subsided. However, I'm not sure how long the affect will last. Today, for instance, my left testicle is starting to get that "racking" sensation. Nothing horrible, just that dull sensation that so many of us with PVPS get.

Also, it is interesting to note that I've had what feels like a paper cut sensation on my scrotum in various places. This was accompanied by that little prickly pain. Both sensations disappeared after my soak though.

I can't tell you why I have pain and why I don't have pain. It remains a mystery. I do hope to find an expert in the pacific NW who can give me some advice though. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, I think I may pop an ibuprofen for that left sided pain. I have to do a lot of driving around town today, so I know I'll be hurting later.

Just another day in the life of someone with PVPS. Let me tell you, it kinda s-u-c-k-s. Maybe this is something I'll talk to my friend from church about tomorrow. He's a great guy, I'm sure he'll have some insight in how to handle the ups/downs associated with chronic pain.

No comments: