Friday, July 29, 2011

Aleve Didn't Help the Nerve Pain

As the day went on yesterday, I developed more and more right sided inguinal nerve pain. My cardiologist suggested I take Aleve - I think because it is supposed to be better for the heart, but not sure. Anyway, I tried it and had no real substantial pain relief. So I took an ibuprofen and woke up this morning feeling better.

Coincidentally, I also had a "nocturnal emission" last night. Haven't had one of those in years. I am grateful for it though, because it has been quite some time since my wife and I have been together. I'm not sure if it was the ibuprofen or the nightime event that made my right side feel better?

To add to this, I haven't been able to take hot baths since I got back from my cross country trek. I really think those hot baths help in some way. Either it kills the sperm in my scrotum or gets everything kind of loose inside there, so maybe the scar tissue doesn't get trapped in an area it shouldn't be. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to having normal relations with my wife and getting a good hot soak. Living out of a suitcase has never been my favorite thing to do. But we have 2 more weeks of it before we arrive in our northwest home.

No comments: