Thursday, June 2, 2011

Working Harder and Feeling Better

If anyone thinks that messing with your scrotum with a surgery is a safe and understood practice, I've got a personal experience that will throw you a monkey wrench. I had my vasectomy and then I started having problems. Every six months, I'd have epididymitis. Then in became everyday and I started having epididymitis on the other side.

So I have a vasectomy reversal and took it easy for a few months while I recovered. Then I start having horrible nerve pain in my inguinal area about 1 month after my reversal. I also had a lengthy period of substantial swelling. I took a medicine called rapaflo and it helped the nerve pain. Why? Nobody knows. I stopped taking the medicine and the pain returned. In fact, it returned with a vengence.

The pain was so bad, I was literally, sprawled out on the kitchen table crying and screaming because the pain was so horrible. I took some major pain medication and started wearing an athletic supporter. Why, I don't know. It just seemed like a good idea.

Now, we're trying to sell our house so we can move. I've had to do a lot of hard work, i.e.: lifting boxes, laying down sod, painting, moving furniture, etc. You'd think the pain would get worse, but it has actually improved.

I can't explain it. But here's what I've learned so far. Recovering from a vasectomy or reversal or any other type of surgery down there can be a frustrating to deal with. In fact, frustrating isn't even the right word. Helpless is probably a better description.

I know I haven't blogged in a couple of days, since my computer is in storage. I'm currently at the library typing this. Basically though, I feel better. I'm working harder around the house. I still have the occassional weird sensation down there, but nothing that hurts for very long or has any teeth. I thank God for where I am today. I just pray it will continue to improve.

I can't explain it. Not sure the smartest doctors can explain it. Bottom line - don't mess with your stuff down there. It's just not worth it.

No comments: