Friday, June 3, 2011

Are There Side Effects to Vasectomies

With blogger, you can see what people are searching for that brings them to your blog. A common search phrase is "are there side effects to vasectomies". Another one is "are vasectomies dangerous". I actually read an answer by someone who said that there were no vasectomy side effects. He called them "urban legends".

Well, I'm one of lots of people who have to live with this urban legend. I hate it when people talk out of ignorance. Just because it didn't happen to him, he's talking like an expert. There are a lot of men in our support group who are just suffering and aren't getting any better.

I wish there was more that could be done. I know the easiest thing to do is to not have the vasectomy in the first place. I hope people who read this vasectomy side effects blog will see that point. I only hope they don't come to the blog too late.

As far as how I'm doing...I feel okay. No real projects to do so I'm sitting a little bit more. As a result, the tingling in my right inguinal area seems to be a little more prominent. Like I said yesterday, there's no figuring this thing out. Sometimes activity hurts and sometimes it helps. Sometimes sitting is better, other times it makes it worse. Sometimes having sex helps the pain, while other times you're just too afraid to have sex because you fear it might make the pain worse. I've also noticed a little bit of nerve pain in my johnson. It doesn't last for very long and it's more irritating, weird, or un-nerving than terribly painful. But I can see where it wouldn't take much for the pain to ramp up to a 5 on a scale of 1 - 10. Obviously, a very sensitive area.

This vasectomy pain syndrome messes with your mind as much as it messes with your scrotum. That is what makes syndromes so crappy, they involve every part of your life. Well, time to get up and moving around before I start to experience the very REAL side effects of vasectomies.

No comments: