Thursday, June 9, 2011

Then the Pain Returned

Do I sound like a broken record yet? Sometimes you have pain with PVPS and other times you are simply threatened with the pain. When you don't have pain, you're just waiting for it to creep around the corner. Thus, why should today be any different?

I woke up in the middle of the night with a burning or tingling sensation behind my scrotum, where it attaches to your body, I think they call that the 'perianal' region. I've had this sensation before, but it was so subtle, I just hoped it was a temporary thing and would go away. Last night though, it woke me up. I reached down there to adjust the boys and the sensation went away.

Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night because of the PVPS symptoms, I know the next day is going to be tough, either physically or mentally. Okay, so I woke up feeling okay, but then I noticed another subtle pain on my left side, like a racking sensation. Not too bad, light at first. But then the pain grew and grew, so now when it hits, I would rate it a 2 on a pain scale. While taking my shower, my right side started to act up. Something in the right of my scrotum started to feel all tied up and firm. Kind of like when I've had my epididymitis scares.

Then my mind started racing. Was this because of my walk yesterday? Was it because I was sitting last night before I went to bed? Was it because my wife and I haven't been together since that horrible pain I had almost 2 and a half weeks ago. Do I need an e.j.? Am I having a little congestion? Should I have a release or wait for my wife and I to hook up 'ala naturale'?

Your mind will drive you crazy with scenarios about what to do and what not to do. To be honest, I'm afraid to be with my wife because I fear the pain that might rear it's ugly head. But, I think I should be with her because: 1) I like to be with her and, 2) physically I should probably have a release.

Hopefully, we'll hook up tonight and all will be well. But this is just another example of how post vasectomy pain syndrome messes with your head. I just keep praying for all of us who suffer from this syndrome that our pain will be lessened, taken away even, and that we can all move forward, leading productive, pain-free lives.

No comments: