Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Just Went for a Walk

Okay, I think it's safe to start getting serious about getting off my butt. I just went for a 30 minute walk (athletic supporter on, of course). I was actually short of breath for the first 15 minutes or so. As I was walking, I quickly realized just how bad of shape I had gotten into. No more though. It's time to put up or shut up.

I just chewed out my sister for not exercising and then I realized I hadn't done a blessed thing since last summer. I've let this PVPS thing define me and tell me what to do. The guys on the group seem to have been able to get passed that a little bit better than I have. So, with the Lord's help, I'm going to walk everyday. Probably at night because it's just so stinking hot here in Texas.

My belly is huge, my core is weak, my heart races and I've got to get through all that so I can be better. Exercise keeps the mind sharp too, so here I go. I'm letting the world know what I am planning so I'll have some accountability out there.

My goal is to simply walk 30 minutes everyday for 1 week. Then I'll re-evaluate my pain situation. But hopefully, I'll be able to stick with this program and get back some cardiac health, which I've lost in these last painful 9 months.

So I would appreciate your prayers on this. I haven't ended a posting with a prayer in a while, so here goes.

Lord Jesus, give me strength to exercise. I pray you'll keep me from having anymore pain. Take away the obstacles to my getting healthier and bless my efforts. May they bring glory to your name and be a blessing to others. I do this all because you strengthen and bless me. I can't do this without you. Please be merciful and let me glorify you through this endeavor. Please give healing to those who are sick and in pain, and help them to know it came from you. Draw them to yourself through your son Jesus Christ and let them know you are there for them. May you be glorified and praised by us all. Amen

No comments: