Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strength in Numbers

A gentlemen from my church came over yesterday to talk to me about chronic pain. He has had chronic, debilitating back pain since 1998. The conversation was very insightful and enlightening. It was nice to talk to someone who knows what I'm kind of going through, mentally.

He's coming over again next Wednesday just to talk. I can't tell you what a nice feeling it is to know he'll be coming over. Even though I post on a PVPS forum and have gained valuable info and support from them, it was so wonderful to speak to someone one on one. Even though his pain was different from mine. Suddenly, I don't feel like I'm on an island anymore.

As far as the pain goes, I've been with my wife twice this last week. I had a touch of nerve pain on the right, but it went away when I readjusted the boys. It seems like when the cremaster muscle moves my right testicle up, I get the nerve pain. Perhaps, there is scar tissue that pushes up on a nerve that causes the pain. I'm not for sure.

We're moving to Washington state soon. There are a couple docs up there that specialize in PVPS. I think I'll see one of them, maybe both and get their input. Maybe I just need to have some scar tissue removed? Maybe it will get better with time. Who knows.

No comments: