Monday, June 6, 2011

Athletic Supporter to the Rescue

I think God created athletic supporters. Ever since I've been wearing one, the horrible pain I had a couple of Sundays ago has not returned. I never thought I'd be saying the a jock strap is a God-send, but here I am saying it.

I guess the support keeps the 'boys' from hanging too much from gravity. Maybe gravity pulls on the repaired vas deference which creates pain upstream. Well, regardless of how it works, it does seem to be doing the trick. That or else it's just a coincidence, but I think not.

I still get sensations on the right side, but no real pain associated with them. I'm going to try to start getting back on the treadmill now and see what happens. Don't worry, I'm not going to overdue it. I've lost a lot of aerobic threshold so need to build myself back up. My wife and I haven't been together since that pain. I'm kind of fearful to make love to her, but I guess I need to get back in the saddle, sort-to-speak.

I need to get a lot of continuing education done in the next day or two, which will require a lot of sitting, so I'll see how that goes. Maybe I'll try to lay down instead of sit. Maybe I'll walk in place.

Anyway, not a lot to report today, thank you Jesus. I pray it will continue to be relatively pain free.

No comments: