Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Scrotum Ache Kept Building and Building

I must have had a poor balance of sitting, walking, etc. yesterday, because the ache in my scrotum (on the left side) kept getting worse and worse. I didn't have any sharp pains, per se'. The ache just increased in intensity. It's like someone flicking you on the nose. After about 6 hours of it, your nose is probably going to be a little sore.

That's how my scrotum felt before I went to bed, even with the ibuprofen on board. I also went for a thirty minute walk around the neighborhood. None of that really helped though. Today though, after a good nights sleep, I feel a ton better. That's kind of what I've noticed after I take some pain medicine, whether it be tylenol or ibuprofen. Once it kicks in, it seems to help keep the pain at bay for well over a full day. I'm not sure if that is just a coincidence or perhaps there is a causal relationship, regardless, I'll take it.

I worked on my second insurance appeal today. I think it makes sense. When this is all done, I'll have to post some of the details. Who knows, maybe that would help someone who is in the same boat. They say it can take a couple of months before we know anything. That's a pretty helpless feeling. Hopefully, it won't take that long and things will turn out the way we want.

No comments: