Monday, May 23, 2011

Horrible Pain

Yesterday was terrible. I got home from church and started having this right inguinal pain again. But this time something was different. The pain didn't just ache. It also wasn't just a flash of nerve pain then lasted a few seconds and went away. This pain was becoming stronger in intensity. It felt like someone was twisting my vas deference with pliars and not letting go.

I would rate the pain a 7 on a 1-10 scale. It did not respond to tylenol or ibuprofen. I thought I might have needed a release because my wife and I had not been together after flirting around with each other a lot the night before. So in the shower I went, thinking that might help. It was painful in the lead up, but then I felt better - briefly. I took a very hot bath afterwards for about 10 minutes. However, nothing  seemed to help. I laid down in bed for about 2 hours, fell asleep. The nap was very restless as I felt I was about to have a real bad case of nerve pain.

Once I stood up, the pain started again. As the evening progressed, I found myself with increasing pain intensity. Finally, around 7:30 it peaked. I was actually crying and screaming because it was so painful. I wish I were joking here, but I'm not. It was one of the worst nights of my life. It felt like something was moving through my vas deference, akin to passing a kidney stone. Not that I've ever had a stone before, but something wasn't/isn't right. I had a bit of swelling on my right side, but now this morning, it seems to look like it has the last couple of months.

I finally had to take some of my post-surgical pain medicine to get some relief. I went to bed wondering how the night would go. I woke up this morning feeling okay. Okay that was, until I stood up. When I got out of bed, I felt the inguinal ache again. Not as bad as yesterday, but it's there. Then I bent my head downward to see if there was any swelling in the region and that made my inguinal pain worse.

So as long as I stand perfectly straight or lay down, I'm good. But if I bend over or look down, the inguinal pain intensifies. I think I'll be calling the doc for some advice.

Might it be my old inguinal hernia repair failing?
Is my vas becoming obstructed?
Is this some crazy new nerve pain?

I don't know the answers. I'm going to ask the people on the forum and see if they have any answers. I'll touch base later if I find out anything.


I finally had to take my post-op pain medicine to get some relief. But before I could take that medicine, I went through a literally "gut-wrenching" 5 minutes.

No comments: