Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekend and Ready for a Set-Back

The weekend is here, which means a little yard work, a little errand running (in the car) and a little more activity than I've grown accustomed to. All that translates to more pain on Sunday night, Monday, and Tuesday.

Think I'll make a pre-emptive strike and take some tylenol right now. I just got back from Home Depot with flowers and yard stuff. We're trying to get our house ready to sell, so we have a lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks, before we put it on the market. Anyway, after unloading the stuff and digging a small outline around a flower bed, I started feeling the pain in my inguinal area. No surprise. Hopefully, the tylenol will kick in.

One of the problems is, I don't know if I'm hurting myself more by doing work. When I feel pain, is that a signal that I should stop or can I keep going? Right now, I've been treating it like a stop sign. I go back inside and put my feet up on the recliner hoping I don't have to take any pain medicine. Maybe I'll try to just fight through some of this with pain medicine and see what that brings me.

Oh and by the way, the puffy thing on my left teste that was hard a couple days ago, is back to being soft again. What's the deal with that? Also, my wife and I haven't been together for about 2 weeks. I'll be interested in how things go - pain wise - when we connect next time.

No comments: