Sunday, April 10, 2011

Home From Church

I'm back from church. As expected, it was filled with pain. Not because I didn't get a lot out of it, but rather, sitting down for so long after a busy Saturday. I think I've learned my lesson.

No more heavy work around the house, no matter what. In church today, the pastor talked a lot about how Jesus lifts your burden. Take home message was, he wants our church to be a place that lifts the burdens of people, just like Jesus does. So, I think I'll take them up on it. I think I'll ask some men around the church to help us out as we try to get our house ready for sale.

I've got to stop letting my silly pride think I am invincible when right now I just need to be taking it easy. The simple convention that says, you are fully recovered after a standard surgery after 6-8 weeks, just does not apply to scrotal surgery. Too many nerves involved. Not to mention it's in your core, so everything seems to be connected to it.

I took tylenol twice yesterday and felt great, but I knew there would be fall out today. I have been in constant pain since I woke up this morning. Coincidentally, my wife and I were together last night. As usual, my right side feels great after we're together, but my left side gets quite an ache. However, it is probably because I over did it yesterday. My left testicle feels like it is constantly getting squeezed and released every 30 seconds or so. I've taken some more tylenol and am hopeful it will resolve my pain.

The rest of the day will be spent on the computer as I've been putting off doing our taxes. But I can't put it off any longer. We also have a driving trip planned  to Tennessee to see if that's where we want to move. My poor wife will probably have to drive most of the way though. Again, I'll have to keep my pride in check and let her do that for me, even though I feel a ton of guilt about it.

No comments: