Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Hate PVPS

Last night two things happened. First, I took a little nap (laying on my left side w/ pillow between knees). When I woke up I noticed a new twinge on the left side of my scrotum. It wasn't overly painful, just uncomfortable. The twinge came in waves. I looked down there and my left teste is markedly crescent shaped. Almost like a banana. That little puffy thing (where my epididymous should be) is now a lot harder. Still not sure if that is a spermatocele or something else. The doctor says it's just a natural change in my anatomy from the reversal. Some how, I don't think that's true. Okay, so then the twinge continued to get a little more prominent as the night wore on. Now this morning, it is still there. It feels like someone has a grip on my left nut and then lets go. And then it repeats again and again. I'm hoping it's some sort of nerve pain, rather than a bout of epididymitis coming on. I was on the computer a lot yesterday working on my websites, so maybe that's the reason I'm feeling it. But really, who knows?

Okay, the second thing that happened is I found our insurance appeal with Aetna was denied. They say the plan doesn't cover reversals for infertility. Well duh, I didn't have this for infertility. The crazy thing about it is, that everytime I speak with one of their customer service representatives, they all can't figure out why the claim was denied. They completely understand that I had it for medically necessary reasons, rather than infertility. In fact, the surgeon coded the surgery as orchitis and epididymitis, not infertilty. But, apparently, I'll have to do another appeal, this time through my wife's employer.

The hospital bill is $40,000 and the surgeon's bill is $4,500. The weird thing is the insurance paid the anesthesiologist. So, we're going to do the workplace appeal and hope for the best. There's simply no way we can pay a $46,000 medical bill. Maybe I"ll buy a lottery ticket.

But as I've said before, I'd gladly go into debt if it meant I didn't have PVPS/epididymitis anymore. My wife isn't too sure about that though :-)

Well, here's hoping the Lord will be merciful with me and take the pain away. Jesus is the only one who can help me. It seems like the older I get, the more I realize how much I need Him, everyday. If it weren't for my Lord and Savior, I doubt seriously I would be in as good a frame of mind. That doesn't mean I've got this figured out, it just means that I rely on Him to get through the day. I learned a long time ago, that when I relied on myself, bad things usually resulted. It was like, I couldn't get out of my own way. It's kind of hard to explain, but Jesus helps me with this PVPS thing and everything else, for that matter. Not sure why I'm putting this all in here, but I am supposed to journal about what I'm feeling and thinking. So I guess I'm thinking I need Jesus' help.

No comments: