Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Feeling a little better

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this post reversal nerve pain stuff. Here is a list of things that upset my nerves, followed by a list of things that make them feel better. I do have a disclaimer though. The nerve pain has a mind of its own. It doesn't need the rest of me to decide as to whether its going to hurt or not.

Makes pain worse:

1. A lot of driving
2. A lot of sitting on a harder surface
3. Sitting upright for a moderate period of time (like at the computer)
4. Sitting forward for about 15 seconds
5. Lots of standing
6. Lots of activity
7. Lifting heavy objects, like my kids
8. Any abdominal straining
9. Tight pants (like jeans)
10. Yard work (digging flower beds - straining)


Makes pain better:

1. Mixing up my standing, sitting, reclining, walking
2. Moderate activity, with no lifting
3. Laying flat on back
4. Tylenol
5. Ibuprofen
6. Staying off computer
7. Keeping legs uncrossed
8. Sleeping on back with pillow under knees
9. Cruise control when driving
10. Wearing basketball shorts

This is not a comprehensive list, but I'm starting to get the idea. It is surprising that sitting upright would cause me pain, but it does. Maybe I need to lose some of my belly fat. I'm not that fat to begin with (I wear a size 33 waist pants), but my belly could use some exercise. After all, I haven't been able to exercise since last August because of the chronic epididymitis and then reversal surgery.

I haven't had any more pain while urinating, since my last mention. Interesting, but as a general rule, I can tell what kind of day its going to be when I first wake up. But remember, the above disclaimer does still apply.

No comments: