Saturday, February 2, 2013

Off and On Pain Continues

During my last report, I stated I had some sharp inguinal pains, possibly from lifting a patient at my work. Since then, those sharp pains have tailed off. The next couple of days at work, I noticed the pains when I was walking up the stairs at the hospital. However, the last few days have been relatively pain free. Even the constant "full-feeling" I sometimes get on my right side is gone.

Again, walking and standing at my job has probably helped me a lot. After a few years of no work, I am glad to be a productive member of society again. I love the fact that I get to be busy for 12 hours a day. I also love helping my patients get better too. I'm working nights though, something I'm not particularly happy about. I haven't worked a night shift in over 23 years. My body is adjust okay to staying awake, but on my days off, all I want to do is sleep.

I went to the gym yesterday and actually ran on the treadmill for the first time in a long time. Nothing too crazy, just a minute of jogging, followed by a minute of rest, and repeat a few times. My left side hurt a little afterwards, but it quickly faded.

Everything seems to be going according to plan so far. If there is a plan. I was hoping that my pain would be under control for my job. Thankfully, that has been the case. I continue to be grateful for this work. I am also grateful the pain hasn't been intolerable. So as usual, a lot of things to be thankful for.

I continue to be amazed at how I see a little bit better everyday, how much I need my Lord and Savior, Jesus, the Christ. My dependence upon him just continues to grow. You'd think this would make me a weak human being, but I find greater and greater strength in trusting in my God's provision. He has yet to disappoint. I'm starting to understand what Mother Theresa felt, when she saw God's hand at work in the streets of Calcutta, India. I'm not saying I've seen those kind of miracles in my life, but I am saying that trusting in God, is a great place to be.

No comments: