Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Here Comes Thanksgiving

I guess it's that time of year when people express their thanksgivings publicly, or at least around the dinner table before the Cowboys and Lions play football. I have a lot to be thankful for and if you're a stranger to this blog, you may be surprised to hear that I am thankful for PVPS. You may ask why?

Before I get to that, do not misunderstand me, I am not necessarily thankful that I have a painful syndrome/disease or whatever it might be called. Rather, I am thankful for how the Lord has used this experience to help me grow closer to him. I would gladly change places with the old me, the one before PVPS. However, I would not be as mature in my faith.

You see, faith is important to me. Trusting the Lord to get me through stuff, is what I've learned the most. To find that I am totally dependent upon the Lord above, is an idea that was unfathomable prior to PVPS. Now I see that I must 'die' to myself everyday and live for Christ. This means realizing I need him for everything in my life. Just like when you're a kid and you need your parents for everything.

So if you have pain and life kind of sucks right now, then just remember, God can still use it for his glory. Who knows, you just may get something out of it too.

I've been feeling pretty good today. No real pain, except a little right inguinal pain while I sit here at the computer and wistfully play a stupid internet video game while dinner is cooking.

No comments: