Monday, November 26, 2012

23 Month Post Reversal Update

It's almost been 2 full years since my reversal for post vasectomy pain syndrome. My progress and pain has been documented extensively on this blog since I first began writing over one year ago. But today I want to touch on something that I had forgotten about, the idea that pain (for me anyway) seems to run in a cycle.

For instance, a few weeks ago, I was having a lot of pain of different variations and locations. It lasted for about 10 days, with the peak causing me to take regular ibuprofen and tylenol. However, today I noticed that my pain has been relatively mild in the last couple of days. This caused me to remember how my body seems to cycle through pain. Lately, the cycle looks something like this: pain for about a week or so, followed by a month or two of little to no pain. This then repeats.

I'm not sure if there is some kind of circadian rhythm or body clock at work here, but the reliability of this cycle seems pretty strong. So am I doomed to repeat this cycle for the rest of my life? Will the cycle continue to lengthen out to maybe 6-7 months of no pain followed by 2-3 weeks of pain? I'm just not sure. I certainly wouldn't want to speculate. Instead, I'll just pray for good times and hope for the best.


No comments: