Tuesday, March 6, 2012

All Good Things...

I had 5 good weeks after 4 miserable weeks. But that came to a crashing end this weekend. I started feeling that racking pain on my left side and it didn't stop until this morning when I woke up. That's about 3 days of continuous racking pain. It wasn't fun. I also had my back go out, for some inexplicable reason. That didn't help matters. In fact, today my back hurts more than anything else.

I am grateful for the month of good days though. I praise God for them. The question becomes, will I praise God for the bad days too? That was hard to do at first, to be honest with you. But I have learned that God shows mercy to whomever he desires. I don't deserve it, I just welcome it when it is shown to me. Once I figured that out, I figured it was time to praise God, even though I was in tons of pain.

It isn't easy, but having a thankful and joyful heart toward everything, is what we should be aiming for. Let's face it, we screw up. We're not perfect, not one. We all fall short. It's no wonder bad stuff happens in this crazy world, we humans keep messing it up for ourselves.

So I am grateful. I am humble. I praise God for reminding me that I need him. Some time it is easy to forget how much we need him, especially when all is going great. For many of us, it's in those tough times, when we cry out, "Why me?", that we discover his love and mercy.

I should just be grateful that my sins are forgiven. Everything else is gravy. So I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. It isn't easy, but it is necessary. God is good and that doesn't change just because I feel pain.

Today, I'm having racking pain when I'm not wearing an athletic supporter. My back is still killing me. I haven't been able to walk since last Friday. I hope to get back to the treadmill soon, before I lose all the benefits from the previous month.

I did have to take some hydrocodone last Saturday because of the pain. I also had to take ibuprofen a couple of times for the back and the racking pain. I haven't had an E.J. in quite some time, so maybe some of this pain is related to congestion. I don't really know.

That's about it, so until next time...I hope you have days of feeling better like I had and I pray God reveals himself to you through it all. He's a good God and worthy of your time.

No comments: