Monday, November 21, 2011

Getting Over a Cold

As if nerve pain, lower back pain, chest palpitations wasn't enough, now I've still got this cold. I've been so tired and my activity level has been in the pits. Today though, I'm doing better. Still tired, but no constant coughing, sniffling, nose blowing, etc. It seems like my body tries to give me a break and only allows one set of symptoms at a time.

For example, this weekend, my cold dominated and I didn't really have nerve pain. My lower back was pretty good too. Now today, my cold is better, but my left inguinal nerve pain has made its presence felt a couple of times. On Sunday, my cold was getting a little better, but to compensate, I started having nerve pain in my "johnson". It was very disturbing. I hate that pain a lot. Luckily, it doesn't last very long and isn't too severe, but disturbing, none-the-less. Interesting, I had a nocturnal emission last night (although I don't remember, which is unusual, because I always remember). I'll be curious to see what happens to my symptoms because of it.

So, here I am, a shambles of a man, but joyful. Joyful, I still have my God watching over me. Joyful that he continues to bless me. Joyful that he helps me with my pain. Read the story of Job sometime. I could never identify with that story before this whole post vasectomy symptoms started. Now, I kind of get it. No matter what happens, we need to trust God. For only the good and perfect gifts we receive come from him. I'm not saying our faith won't be tested from time to time, but we must remain steadfast in our faith and understand that he loves us no matter what.

That gives me comfort and peace, that is, when I actually stop to think about it. The problem is, I don't stop to think about it as much as I should. There's a lesson in there somewhere for all of us.

No comments: