Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm Getting Worried

This morning I woke up with a pain that I haven't had for quite a long time. The last time I had this pain was after my vasectomy reversal when I felt this hard cord like thing coming into my right testicle. Well, the hard cord thing isn't there now, well sort of, there is something firm there. I'm just not sure what. Anyway, I'm having a lot of referred pain throughout my entire right inguinal/groin area, even down into my right thigh.

This has me worried. It reminds me of congestive pain, like maybe my reversal is failing. However, I've tried very hard to put that idea out of my mind. The last thing I want to think about is my reversal failing. I've heard other guys talk about it and it isn't pretty. Not to mention you have to have another reversal and since I had nerve pain after my first reversal, I'm not too keen on the idea of having to risk another surgery. So, I just pray that it is something else. Just some kind of nerve pain is all.

Meanwhile, I've taken a hot bath and some tylenol. I've also taken it very easy today. Nothing too strenuous, just sitting around while I did homeschool with the kids. Luckily, I don't have a "real" job which would probably only exacerbate my symptoms. I suppose I should continue to thank God that I don't have a job.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything. But I am no longer sitting at the computer. I've got is set up so I stand now. However, I just noticed that I lean forward when I type. I've noticed that leaning forward (like to look into a mirror up close) makes my nerves hurt more. It seems that any undue pressure on my core, even simple leaning, tends to make them angry. Maybe I'll go back to sitting down again. See if that changes anything. It's just hard to know what is causing your symptoms, you know what I mean? This makes post vasectomy pain syndrome very frustrating. But then I guess syndromes aren't meant to be cute and cuddly, otherwise they wouldn't be labeled as syndromes.

Still though, I wish someone would make a break through. Like most people in this situation, I hate living in a nebulous world where the slightest little thing can set the pain off.

No comments: