Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In a Good Way - Thanks Be to God

I hate to even say this, but I'm in a pretty good way. It's like when you walk in on your favorite sports team and you discover they're winning the game, so you leave real quick because you don't want to jinx them; yeah, kind of like that. But in this case, I feel like this good way is because of the Lord. Why? Well, let me tell you.

I have really felt this strong desire to walk. I normally don't have strong desires for stuff. The only times I ever get them is when the Lord is nudging me along. It seems like the walking has really helped me with my pain and my overall confidence. I've known that it would probably help in the past, but I still didn't do it. So even though I don't want to say that I'm in a good cycle right now with my PVPS, I have to give credit where credit is due.

I'm doing this mens' study right now that is talking about prayer. Kind of weird, usually those prayer studies are for the women, but I have to say, I've been especially touched by the message thus far. I think I take prayer for granted when things are going well. I think everyone does. So, I'm going to start praying all the time.

Before I go any further though, here's my update. Today, I feel pretty good. A little twinge when I first get out of bed. Last night I felt pretty good too. We're going fishing today so I won't be able to walk per se'. But we'll probably hike a little bit to the fishing spot, which will be a good substitute. I may still walk tonight with the kids after dinner.

Lord God, I want to praise you for helping me to start a walking program. I know I couldn't have done it without you. You are my inspiration and my strength. You comfort me in my affliction and show me your mercies every day through Jesus, who washes my soul clean. Please be with those other men who suffer as well. Give them your comforting hand and help them to find ways to feel better. Lord God you are king in my life and maker of heaven and earth. Nobody is before you. You alone are God and to you I sing my praises. Amen.

No comments: