Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not Much Improvement and a Prayer

Today I woke up with the reminding ache and pain in my groin. Quickly, I realized the nerve pain was going to be with me today. It is a little bit better than yesterday, but still hurts when I drive, walk, stand, sit - all too long.

I tried a hot bath last night, but the water wouldn't get hot enough - just one of the challenges we face in this new rental house. I'll try again tonite. In the meantime, I'm trying not to get too bummed out. Easier said than done.

Part of dealing with chronic pain is not letting yourself get too high or too low. My buddy from church taught me that. However, I had so many good days in a row, I have to admit that I'm kind of reeling with this new cycle of pain. I did think of something that might have triggered the pain though. I have been throwing the football in the backyard with my son and punting it in the air. Perhaps that isn't a good combo. The straining of my torso with throwing a football could be aggravating my inguinal area and the kicking motion with my right leg might be doing the same thing. I'll stop those for a while and see what happens.

This pain has brought me to a point of realizing I'm not completely well yet. Strange how your mind works. No pain for a week and you suddenly feel like all is well and you can go live a normal life. The pain has a way of bringing you back to earth pretty quickly. I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I am very grateful for every day I live and breathe, etc. The good Lord has always blessed me with good friends, family and so on. So when I was feeling so good, I kind of began to take all his blessings for granted again. Not a wise thing to do, I've noticed.

Once more, thank you Lord God for all you do in my life. I just don't know what I would do without you leading and guiding me. Thank you most of all for your son, Jesus. Thank you that I have forgiveness and life in him. I am ever dependent on you and Jesus to get me through this present life. I know I am nothing without you.

Thanks for helping me get through this PVPS thing. Thanks for using it as a blessing for other people and I pray for healing for those other men who suffer from the same pain. For rabbit, Michael, Aston, and everyone else on the support group who are in pain, seeking guidance and reaching out to help so many men like myself. They have been a blessing to so many and have been used by you to minister to me. Thank you God for being such a good God. Help them with their pain and situations. Amen.

No comments: